Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Screaming Demons

Hello readers! Today we are talking with the artist Screaming Demons.Marcus is known for his original gothic and pin-up combination in his art style. By combining the two styles he has created images that have a growing fanship in the PSP community. Thank you so much for talking with us today.
You can visit his website and purchase his PSP tubes at SATC.



How did you become a part of the PSP tube community?
The answer is quite simple, I was invited by 3 or 4 companies and I went with ‘SCRAPS AND THE CITY’ because they gave me the best deal.

 What does your artwork mean to you?
 A lot of my art is trashy and through away, but for me it does have a certain element of creativity and style. I love drawing, I go into a bit of a trance state when I’m working. I draw and paint very fast and when I moved over to digital painting and drawing, it allowed me to work even faster!

What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I’m mainly influenced by horror films, tattoo culture, 50s pinup art and all sorts of music.

 How long have you been selling psp tubes?
 Less than a year, I am new to this.

How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
 I always start with a pencil sketch, I’ll probably use a photo from a magazine to get me started on a pose or because I like the lighting in a certain photo. I will then scan the sketch into photoshop and work from there. I use a Wacom Bamboo tablet for colouring and adding detail.

Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
 I do a lot of T-shirt designs, I guess most of my creative time is taken up with those, lots of rockabilly and vintage Zombie Girls. There’s a lot of B-Movie horror influence in those as well. I do portraits for private commissions these usually have a dark edge. People don’t come to me if they want an average happy portrait done, I offer something a little different.

 Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
 As I mentioned earlier I’m fairly new to this, but I think it has brought my art to light to people that would not have otherwise seen it.

 What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
 There’s a a painting I did called ‘Darkstar’ which has been turned into a tube. For me it was successful because she looks so very beautiful. Another would be my latest image which depicts the Bride of Frankenstein having been arrested getting her mugshot done. I just think it looks cool.

 Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I don’t have preference on that, I’m happy with either.

 Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
 Oh yes, I’m always open to commissions and ideas that could work as tubes or anything else for that matter.

 Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
 No, I’m relaxed about it all, once you give your art up in this manner you’ve got to let go, I’m not happy about people using my art without permission, but that’s a different matter.

 Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Yes, I’d love to see them, they find me on facebook as screamingdemons

No comments:

Post a Comment