Thursday, March 1, 2012

Renee Lavoie

Hello Readers! Thank you for joining us today. We are visited today by the talented fantasy artist Renee Lavoie.Renee is known for her wonderful fantasy artwork. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSP TubeStop. Thank you so much for talking with us Renee.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I first started with My Tag Art for my psp tubes.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
My art means everything to me. I have been drawing since as long as I can remember. I have always been shy and I have used my art as a way to express myself. Drawing and painting have gotten my through some very difficult times in my life. Art has always been a way for me to get so absorbed that in the time in which I am creating, nothing else exists.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I am inspired by my feelings mostly and by people who have come into my life and touched me in some way. I am also a very vivid dreamer and sometimes ideas come to me in that way. I must have music when I am painting ! That always sets the mood.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
I have been offering my tubes for sale for about 3years now.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
My artwork is created traditionally. I am self taught and started painting Fantasy artwork in about 2006. I really love acrylics best, but I work a lot with watercolor. I have been adding some colored pencils and pastels in my art lately and have been getting away from using ink.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
I create a lot of different products and crafts with my art such as bookmarks, magnets ,cards, jewelry and some licensed products with zazzle, Misty Dreams cross stitch designs and Fabric blocks with Kat’s Magical patches.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
This is always a tough question because I am inspired by so many artists . Of course Amy Brown and I adore the art of Maxine Gadd and my artist friends inspire me a great deal. Any art involving mythology inspires me as well.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Oh, I definitely think the psp community helps an artist become more visible and well known. I have gained a lot of exposure by offering tubes.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I would have to say I enjoy seeing people create so many beautiful creations using the tubes. It’s so amazing to me because I have no idea how to do things like that.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
My favorite pieces are my witches. They represent being misunderstood to me which I always felt that I have been misunderstood by so many people . Also I piece I created “Drifting Away” after my grandmother passed away is hanging on my wall I just can’t part with it.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I love all tags animated or non animated.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I usually don’t do commissions. I get very stressed out and can’t create under pressure. I can’t create something I don’t feel passionate about.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
I am pretty open to have people use my art the way they choose as long as they are following the copyright rules.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
 I would love to receive tags with my art. I would love to put them on my Art page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment