Friday, February 8, 2013

Bits N Bobs

Hello Readers! Tonight we're talking with the artist Julie aka Bits N Bobs. Julie does wonderful figures and scrapkits. You can visit her main blog here and her tutorial blog here. You can also purchase her tubes at PICSFORDESIGN.
Thank you so much for talking with us Julie.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
By chance really.
I first got the internet about 10 years ago now and at that time I was heavily into cross stitching.
The very first group I joined was a cross stitch forum on about.com
Some of the ladies had these little signatures with small dolls and lots of glitter and being the sparkle fanatic I was had to find where they were all coming from so I could get some for myself.
That was how I came across my first signature forums which were over at delphiforums.
One thing led to another and I came across a wonderful site called The Guild where tubes were being sold.The rest as they say is history.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
Everything. No matter what I create it is a part of my life.
Due to various illness I never go out much so the computer became a part of me very quickly.
Also I am a terrible hoarder when it comes to anything my family or I create whether it is on the computer or on paper so this has been an extension of that with numerous discs and hard drives.
It is amazing looking back at first creations just how far we progress.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Anything and everything. I especially love browsing around the internet or reading through books just for inspiration.
On occasion I will even dream of what I want to try next LOL

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
What I call proper tubes only really a few months.
Prior to that it was poser tubes.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
All my artwork is created digitally.
It is just so much easier especially being able to create on separate layers and the eraser tool is a godsend.
Mostly I use psp9.
I have an intuos3 tablet and photoshop but I have been using psp for so long it just seems easier.
Main tools I use when creating tubes are the push and smudge tools as well as the pen tool.
Tool that gets the most use though has to be the eraser. smile

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
Apart from scrap kits I create greeting card sheets for people to make their own cards, cross stitch patterns, cards, Incredimail stationary and jigsaw puzzles.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
Very difficult to pinpoint just one or two but Cris Ortega, Jamie Kidd, Athur Crowe, Ismael Rac, Jose Cano and Alex Prihodko have to be amongst my favorites

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Absolutely. Without the psp community many artists were and would remain unknown.
I think the likes of taggers and tutorial writers advertise the work of artists much more that most artists realise.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
The friendships have to be top of the list.
Such a wide variety of talent around especially in signature forums.
Many are happy to welcome you in and treat everyone like extended family.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
My tastes change depending on my mood but at the moment 'Temptress' is my current favourite because here fingers actually look like fingers
instead of little fat sausages LOL

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I think it all depends on the tag but I love all tags. I am such a siggy piggy.


12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I haven't ventured into commissions at the moment and don't think I will for a while.
At least until I have more confidence in my own work but welcome all ideas smile

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Not really in regards to tagging. I Am happy with most things.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Oh absolutely yes please. I am particularly addicted to forum sets *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment