Monday, November 21, 2011

Mis Photography

Today we are visited by the photographer Mis.
You can find her photography at her deviantart.
She does a variety in her photography subjects.
You can see a few examples below.
Thanks so much for talking with us Mis.






1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
One day when I was browsing how to add pictures to my listings on Ebay, I came across a thread ... Something like Sirens tags. And Met a few ladies who still tag today, and I was hooked! I started tagging, of course nearly everyone was Free to use back then, and My first tag was made with Zindy's art! I've been hooked every since. That was nearly 7 years ago! Then I started to share my Photography once I understood copyright. I joined Shewolf's domain, and there I began to share my photos as well. I've never been able to go back every since. ? I love the PSP community, for the most part, the people are supportive and understanding, and mostly, I've really gotten some great friends.So I started as a photographer... and stayed as a tagger. I'm still very much involved, and I love every minute of it.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
Besides the fact it is a Non fictional way to portray my life, and the experiences I have, you will notice that Some of my photos on Deviant art, have poetry with them, or just little 4 liners. Photography helps me to vent, to heal, and to remember things that I have gone through in a therepeutic way. It sounds silly but I feel that every picture I have taken ( mostly ) has a real true story and meaning behind it. Whether it is the Title, the photo itself, or the Poetry I throw in the mix. I've had a very rough, and bumpy childhood and life... and we all need to vent and let those emotions out.
There is nothing like knowing someone likes, and respects your photography the way you do. I may look like I'm nuts at times because it seems I speak to the landscapes, flowers, and animals, but there is always a conversation between things of nature and myself. Each occurance in nature is a purely genuine miracle in my eyes. Nature represents survival, stamina, and hope in a world that has slowly but surely, gone to hell.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
My feelings at the time that I'm capturing. My feelings always reflect my mood, and how I'm feeling. Never fails. You will hear me say, ' the flowers speak to me '  or  ' this animal feels so and so ' ... And I can speak my heart and feelings vicariously through the wonderful things I encounter when out takeing photos.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Off and on for about 4 years.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I use my Nikon D60. Or just pencil and paper, then transferred onto the computer of course. Then Photoshop/Paint shop for editing.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
I make my own tags, I sell prints and other merchandise also with them.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
Well, I'm influenced by pretty much everyone. Deviant art is full of wonderfully talented individuals who give me ideas everyday I browse new art. I love snooping around and seeing how they were influenced, and many times I'm surprised at how often its the same feelings and things that influence me.


8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Yes. I think it does. With all the social networking sites nowdays, the extras and such used online really can give some stellar promotion to artists. Remember when Myspace was cool? Now that theres a bunch of social networking sites, people who dont tag even, will see the extras " thank you " and " Thinking of you " that taggers have made, and use them themselves. When art is credited properly, the artist thus gains that exposure. I think its remarkable what taggers do for photographers and artists alike.


9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
The constant support you have from the friends you gain. The overall knowledge and respect of Copyright and artists rights from those who follow the laws of copyright and respect artists the way they should be respected. I love also, the extra things that go along with it. The games, the chatter, and the sharing of the talent all the taggers have. Tagging I have learned is also a release for many people. And just like with my photography, Tagging reflects moods, feelings, and is a way sometimes to get something out we have been holding in. I see the PSP Community as a great outlet for artists and photographers alike, giving exposure, confidence, and influence to the artists whom are involved. ?

No comments:

Post a Comment