Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Michael Landefeld

Tonight we are visted by the Pin-up artist Michael Landefeld.
You can find his websites here and here. To purchase his psp tubes,
please visit CDO. Thank you so much for talking with us tonight Michael.
I'm sure the readers will enjoy the interview.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I was contacted by Anthony Guerra at CILM.

2) What does your artwork mean to you? I constantly pay homage to the original style of pinup with my own flair.  Trying to keep it tasteful but sexy is a hard balance.  I don't want to create something I would not feel okay showing to my own mother. LOL!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? The human form, it's pretty awesome! I have always said God was on his good day when he created woman.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? somewhere around 3 years

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? I start off with a detailed pencil sketch.  I then scan the sketch into Photoshop.  I then treat the illustration as though I were doing old school airbrush.  Same technique, just different medium.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you createwith your artwork? T-shirts are my primary source of application for my illustrations. Mainly  Hooters Restaurants.  Check them out at your local hooters or online. I also license the pinups on stickers, ipad/iphone apps, mobile phone screen savers and prints.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artistshave influenced you? The grandfathers of pinup, Elvgren and Vargas.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible? Absolutely!

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? The fans enthusiasm.  Crap, it's cool having fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment