Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Charles Bristow

Tonight we are featuring the artist Charles Bristow. He has a unique style that sets him apart from other artists in the community. He is fondly known as Cpt. Frogger to his fans. You can visit his website and purchase his psp tubes at Mystical Scraps. Thank you for stopping by Charles.




1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? I was introduced to PSP Tubing thru a Facebook friendship with Gary Rudisil. I had no idea what it was, I thought "tagging"  was done with SprayPaint and Subway Cars..lol. But once I was introduced,I loved it!
2) What does your artwork mean to you? Everything. Its a part of who I am and I love to share my work with others. Its flirty,fun pinup art guarenteed to put a smile on your face..
3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? Hot women! Sex, Comic books and Rock n Roll! Seriously I am influenced from everything and everyone..and whatever my lil twisted mind can come up with..
4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? Only like 3-4 months.  Be gentle..

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand 
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? All art work is produced by hand,mixed media of markers, color pencils, and acrylics on 9x12 Bristol Board. Then its scanned into computer and sometimes I tweak the colors a lil..
6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork? Glossy Prints, Rubber Stamps,Christmas Cards,Fabric Blocks for Quilting,Tattoo Designs and Flash art, and I have a couple new products looming on the horizon..you have been warned ;)
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you? Wayy too many to list..
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible? I think it does..
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? The fact that even people who may not be "traditional" artists can still share their love of creating with everyone. Just because you dont know how to draw hot women, doesnt mean you dont have a good sense of design and composition..and cant make a kick-ass tag!
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? My favorites have to be "The Frog Princess" ( Im Capt Frogger..go figure) "Emily in Wonderland" (Alice in Wonderland spinoff I want to do more with) and "Exotic Dancer Star" (model is the special woman in my life) 
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? Love the animation..cuz the taggers who do it are way cooler than me ;) Love all the tags people have made with my work..
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? Absolutely..Just sold my first with more on the way!
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. Just dont use my art to promote hated and intolerence..sex is good,racism is bad..
14) Would you like to receive tags which our members may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment