Monday, January 2, 2012

Lisa Victoria

Tonight we are visited by the fantasy artist Lisa Victoria. Lisa does such wonderful and adorable fantasy images with her artwork.You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at UYA. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us Lisa.



 1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

I signed on with AMI (Artistic Minds Inc.) in 2008 and stayed with them until the owner passed away. Then I got picked up by Up Your Art and have been very happy with  them ever since.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?

It is my outlet to express my love of whimsy, nature and childlike sense of fun. Looking at my artwork is like looking in my head. It's all worthwhile if I can bring a smile to someone's face or perhaps make them laugh.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

I know it sounds "canned" but nature inspires my artwork. I'm also inspired by music, and talking with people.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
4yrs.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

By hand, either using acrylic paints, water color, or oil paints.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
prints, notecards, magnets, stickers. And I license my work for cross stitch patterns, rubber stamps, fabric blocks, wall murals, etc.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
Quite a few but Maurice Sendak, Maxfield Parrish and Cicely Mary Barker easily
come to mind.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Yes of course!!

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

Seeing everyone's very creative tags :) I love the different ways in which people use art, how people apply their own unique perspective to an artist's work.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?

"Story Time" because the background is Muir Woods (my favorite place) and it features reading, another favorite activity of mine.
"Tree Fae" It's Muir Woods again and if fairies do exist I think they'd live there.
"Dragon Moon" I love peaceful images of creatures sleeping... and I enjoy taking a nap too...

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
Both are great! I'm a sucker for animated though.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?

I'd more than welcome any ideas for tubes. Haven't done any commissions for taggers but again would welcome the opportunity. I have done commissions for people who have bought my licensed cross stich patterns.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork?
For example mirroring, animation, etc. I'm in agreement with the policies of Up Your Art for artwork usage.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our members may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Yes please!and thank you very much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment