Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rebecca Sinz

Tonight we are visited by the talented Rebecca Sinz. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes here. Rebecca is known for her wonderful style of artwork. Thank you so much for talking with us Rebecca.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

I started to get emails not too long after I began posting my art online requesting to use my art for psp tubes and tags. I didn't know what it was at first, but I thought it sounded like fun once I learned.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?

My art is everything to me! Once I really found my direction with my art, I haven't been able to stop. And I love that I've been able to create a small business doing what I love most! It is so rewarding to know that my illustrations can bring joy to others and that they like them enough to even spend some of their money on.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

I can be inspired by just about anything. You just never know where an idea is going to come from. Things in nature inspire me, such as the way the clouds look sometimes, or a foggy morning. I'm sometimes inspired by music, books, scenes in a movie and other art.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?

I've been selling psp tubes for 5 or 6 years, since I was first approached by a licensing company.
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand 
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

All of my work is done by traditional methods. I actually began with digital coloring in 2003, but soon discovered watercolors and never went back to digital. I never quite got the hang of it. But watercolors, along with colored pencil and sometimes acrylics seemed to really suit my style.

6) Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?

My artwork is available as prints of various sizes, bookmarks, keychains, jewelry (such as rings and pendants), cross stitch patterns, fabric patches, and many other products available through my Zazzle shop.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?

At first, I was influence by many fairy artists such as Brian Froud and Amy Brown and many Victorian and Pre-Raphaelite artists such as Waterhouse. As I began to develop my own style I began to really love the work of Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Victoria Frances, Kinuko Craft and Luis Royo. But that is really only naming a few. There are so many artists, both new and old, that I love 

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?

Of course! Anything that brings attention to our work to those who may have never seen it before can help bring us more fans and potential customers. I've seen it myself personally and am always grateful for the extra exposure!

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

I like to see what others create using my art. It is nice to know that others are getting enjoyment from my art and it is inspiring them to be creative with it too!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant interview.
    I just love Rebecca's work. I have quite a few of her tubes especially the ones with the animals.
    Thank you for telling us about yourself.
    Hugs
    Jools
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your art I have a few that i would love to design a tag with.
    Hugs Corrinne

    ReplyDelete