Monday, January 23, 2012

Simona Candini

Tonight we are visited by the artist Simona Candini. She is new to the PSP community and is a rising star.
You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at MTA.Thank you for talking with us Simona.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I was contacted by “Scraps N' Crap” for licensing my art as tubes. For me it was a new world in the beginning, but I soon discovered that art tubes were a very fun format for my art to be presented in. This is a community filled with great people and I enjoy very much being a part of it!

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
My art is very important to me and it's my biggest passion since I was a child.
The sense of accomplishment that each new painting gives me is the fuel that drives my desire to keep creating. Art opens us up to new ideas, concepts, it's like a wave that carries emotions from the deep to the surface, to be shared with others.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Music is my first source of inspiration. I always listen to music while I'm painting and picture what the song might look like. Music can be heard in shapes and colors which sometimes brings out what you can't describe with words.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
It's only been a few months, but I hope to keep expanding in this area for many years to come!


5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I paint by hand the traditional way using paint brushes and acrylic colors. My artworks are painted on canvas, wood and masonite hardboard. In the past I've painted using different medias, oils, watercolors, pencils and even digital art. I've always loved to experiment with new things, but in the last few years I've been focusing on using acrylics which are my favourite.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
I create poster prints, canvas prints, ACEO cards that I personally sell in my ebay store (stores.ebay.com/Simona-Candini-Art). I also have a Zazzle store where I sell all kind of merchandise, like mugs, t-shirts, necklaces, keycains, mousepads, etc. My art is also licensed by Uniquely Different Bags, which created a whole collection of bags that features my paintings. It's great to see your art printed on different items, I just love it!

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
I've been influenced by various big eye artists, from past to present, by pop surrealism artists, anime & manga culture, and of course by all the classical painters which I focused on during my study at the Academy in Italy.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Sure, I've gained more fans since I've joined this community! :)

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I enjoy getting to know people that are part of this community and share with me the passion for art that they have. I also love to see how other people use my art tubes to create their own original tags and to express their own creativity. It's fun to see all the unique things people can come up with!

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
One of my favorite pieces is "Cheers!" which presents a combination of elements from Picasso and the movie Clockwork Orange. Another favorite is "Winter Melody". I love violins, so I often paint of violin players. I like this painting because it expresses a certain

melancholy that winter carries.
A last one that I'll mention is "Oceansoul" which features a girl listening to the ocean in a conch shell. I've always been very fascinated by those shells that are rich in symbolism from different cultures and traditions.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I think they're both great, but I can't hide that I like animated glittery tags very much!

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I haven't thought about that yet. When I paint I normally focus on the original piece, and not so much on the idea of a particular product that may be derived from it.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Not yet. The only thing I wouldn’t allow is to create something that could be disrespectful of the image.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our members may do featuring your artwork?
We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Of course! I love to see tags and tutorials made with my tubes! I often add their links in my facebook page facebook.com/simona.candini and in my blog Thank you very much for the interview, I've enjoyed very much answering your questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment