Tonight we are joined by the Mermaid Artist April Story. April is new to the psp community and is quickly becoming a raising star with her fantasy artwork. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSP Tube Stop. Thank you for sharing with us April.
1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I was asked :)
2) What does your artwork mean to you?
It means the world to me. I live and breathe my art, even in my sleep
I dream of my next painting.
3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Usually color combinations and patterns stir up a new mermaid
in my head.
4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Not that long, I am a newbie.
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
All my artwork is by hand. I paint with acrylics on canvas.
6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
I make lots of greeting cards and prints and sell it all along with my
original art on Etsy. Fab site for artists! :)
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
When I joined local art organizations I got to know other acrylic artists
and took private lessons to learn new fun techniques, which has opened up
so many doors. I love local flavor. But at the same time, being on
Facebook I have met so many other artists that inspire me to keep
going and keep up with them. I love Maria Gonzalez and Crystal Moore's art!
They are both watercolorists and their imagery has inspired me and they are so
awesome and supportive.
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I am not sure? I am still new to the whole psp tube thing. I honestly am not
even sure how it all works. But I am slowly starting to see what these 'taggers'
create and its stunning! Its like scrabooking but without the glue all over? Its so cool.
I hope it helps promote my work.
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
Let me get back to you on that?
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
Every new piece I do, it becomes my favorite. This year already I have created 7 new pieces and each
one after completing I said, OMG this is my favorite I never want to sell..Then I make another and
the older one gets added online as the newer one is my fave. I love them all. Right now I am
loving my 'Valentine' one, she is so sweet and when I look at it closely I remember each stroke.
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I think both are pretty cool. I just love seeing what people create.
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I haven't yet.
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Nope....well only thing I don't allow is printing my work and selling it without my knowledge..but freedom to create I say :)
14) Would you like to receive tags which our members may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
I would love to see what people have created! :)