Today we are visited by the artist Christina Scott who is known as FourXsDesigns in the communtity. Taggers are quickly becoming fans of her artwork. You can visit her blog and purchase her PSP tubes at her store.Thank you so much for talking with us today Christina.
1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I was actually applying for the PSPTubesEmporium CT, and submitted my entries of tags and a link to my blog to Jolene. Well, I got DENIED! But she saw some vector work that I had done, just for fun, and my very first airbrush paintings and asked if I would like to be a part of the store! I was really excited, and yet really scared. At the time, I didn't even have a drawing tablet. I did all my pictures with my mouse. But I am ETERNALLY grateful because it was a jump start to push myself to get serious about art!
2) What does your artwork mean to you?
I love, LOVE what I do! Starting out as a tagger, I expressed myself with the signatures and banners I made. And I used existing artist pinups to do that. Now, I can express my emotion, thoughts and humor with my own characters.
3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I ask myself, would I want to tag with this image? I want bring diversity into what I do. Different body types, ethnicities, cultures. I love color and fashion. And I also love music, cinema and comic art. I try not to take it too seriously, and have fun and humor in what I draw.
4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Not long at all, I started in August of 2011.
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I sketch things out on my pen tablet at first. I tried pencil and paper and scanning them in, but that was an extra step and took too long. Then I like to vector out the flats with the pen tool. After that, its really just like a digital coloring book filling it all in! Sometimes I use Cosmo or other magazines for clothing and makeup ideas. And many times I ask people online, what they would like to see. Judging from the excitement that any one character or idea sparks, that's what I do.
6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
For me, tubes are the first step as far as my artist career is concerned. I have a background in print, logo design photo retouching and manipulation. I would like to use my characters for ads and logos in the future, but right now I am still learning the craft.
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
My absolute favorite artist is Elias Chatzoudis! He is a mind blowing cartoonist and comic artist. I also really enjoy Tyson McAddoo, Ismael Alvarez and Candra. All of which are equalling amazing!
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I would be dead in the water if it wasn't for the friends I have made while tagging. They are my biggest support system, so encouraging and positive! They also do a great job of helping spread word amongst others like wildfire. I really love and appreciate all of my forum friends!
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I love to see people express themselves with their tags. Its as if the tubes they use are alter egos! Some of the most quiet and reserved taggers can make some of the most intruiging tags!
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
One of my favorites is the pinup "Thick Chick", the blonde that is my main image on my facebook page. That was my first success using the pen tool to draw and not having a drawing tablet at all. I also like her because she's not an overly thin character, but she's just as beautiful.
I also really love the Paula Deen pinup that was made around Thanksgiving! Paula is awesome in real life, and she really deserves to be a part of the "pinup" community!! I also think her eyes are really bright and happy! My favorite part of a
face are beautiful eyes.
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I LOVE ANIMATION! I was really really into animating the tags that I made when I was tagging full time. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to make every frame just so!
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
Yes! I have been asked to do commissions at every stage of my career as a digital artist and have loved every one! I also do group/forum commissions and store exclusives. And I am always open to other people's ideas and a lot of the tubes that I have created so far have been from people asking me if I can draw a particular celebrity or some kind of theme.
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.I just don't like people to attempt to recolor, so my TOU specifically ask customers not to. It sometimes makes the tube look "off". Mirroring is fine, but I noticed that with worded tattoos and clothing if you do that, the text will be backwards! LOL
14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Yes, yes, and YES! I frequently post tags made with my tubes on my personal facebook page, my FourXsDesigns facebook page and my blog! I'm a tag JUNKIE! LOL I have about 6 signature rotators. So if you tag something and send it to me I will always appreciate it!