Thursday, February 9, 2012

Robert Lee

Tonight we are talking with the artist Bob Lee. He is a newcomer to the PSP community. Bob is becoming known for his unique artwork images among taggers. You can visit his website which is his facebook and purchase his tubes at PSP Tube Stop.
Thank you so much for talking with us Bob.






1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I was approached by Lisa Cree about submitting some artwork to be made into tubes, and I though it sounded like a fun idea so I did.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
My art and what it means to me.....well most of my art is of skeletons doing normal everyday things a person would do, and to me it is a reminder that death is always close so enjoy and live while you can.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Well I don't really know...I mean I can walk down the street and see someone doing something that I think would look good as a skeleton drawing and it is ready to come out on the paper...
 
4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
I have only been involved in the tubes for a very short time....a matter of a few months actually.
 
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I hand draw my art with Micron pens, and then color them with Prismacolor markers. This is done on bristol board.
 
6) Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
I make small art pieces called ACEOs, whice are the size of baseball cards (2.5x3.5 inches) and these I sell on eBay, under the seller ID of b.l.ink, which if you search for my art will show up if I have any one at that time. So search eBay for b.l.ink everyone! ;-)
 
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
I have never really paid any attention to how others have done what they do....I started out wondering how to do this or that and figured it out on my own. I can say that M.C. Escher did get me going on the dot work I do, as I redid some of his art to hang on my walls at home.
 
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Being part of it for such a short time all I can say is that I have noticed some added interest in my art. As time goes by I am sure that question will be answered in full to me.
 
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I enjoy seeing the art of others and how people use it to make things that never were before.
 
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
Well a few stand out to me, one is "Saddness", it is an 8inx10in, that I was asked to draw for a woman who had just lost her husband. We had just brushed the subject one day, and I went home and did a rough sketch, and when we talked again she described almost exactly what I had done....so it was a meant to be piece, to me, which made it special.
Another is an ACEO called "Where are You?", it is the first skeleton I drew...ever!
Then "All Gone" is just a fun one....no more toilet paper for that poor....skeleton? ;-)
Then my personal favorite is the 14x14 inch I did I call "Sorrow", that one took a long time to do and just became a part of me.
The other art has come and gone, and each is special in it's own way but those two stand out to me.
 
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I think that if a person wants to animate it in some way then more power to them! It is great to see what has been done with my drawings in any form!
 
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I haven't as of yet, for either, but might be willing to if that came up at any time.
 
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Huh...no, I can't think of anything.
 
14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
I would love to see what has been done with my art! That would be so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment