Thursday, February 16, 2012

Marlon Teunissen

Hello. Thank you for joining us here at Artist Corner. Tonight we are talking with the talented artist Marlon Teunissen.She is a talented artist who does fantasy and cute images. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at CDO. Thank you so much for talking with us tonight Marlon.




1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
About 2 years ago I was asked by Mytagart to license my art with them. After they quit their business, I joined Creative Design Outlet.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
It means my whole life :D

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
All sorts of things. Mainly music and things I come across in life, movies  and seeing other people’s artworks.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
I think I do this for about 2 years now?

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I always do the sketching and line arts by hand and then scan in and color them in Photoshop and painter. I sometimes still create watercolor paintings but not as much as I would like to because of lack of time.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
I also have my artwork licensed as crystal IPhone cases, decorative stickers for laptops, phones and more and stamps. I also create some merchandise out of my artworks myself like prints, key chains, phones traps, bookmarks etc. to sell at conventions and my online store.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
Many artists. Mainly those from the videogames industry. I love videogames and I especially love Asian videogame art ( Japanese, Chinese, Korean….) Lately I also like to look more to western artists but Asian art still holds a large place in my art.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?

I am not sure. But when Mytagart quit, a few people on Facebook send me mails to point me to other PSP tube companies because they loved my artwork and wanted to continue being able to purchase tubes with my art on them so I think the psp community does help a bit

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I love seeing the tags and banners and things people make and the ideas they come up with, with my art. 

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
I guess so far I like my “Queen of cards” drawing the most because somehow this image just popped out of nowhere and I had to draw it and the process of making it went also very smoothly  ( no matter what many people may think, I often still struggle a lot when I create my artworks ^^; ) I was also quite satisfied with the end result which doesn’t happen with me a lot to be honest. I was also glad that a lot of people everywhere online seemed to love this drawing so much J

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
Both seem fine to me.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I am always open to receive commissions. If taggers have an idea for an subject they would like me to create more artworks of for tubes then they are free to tell me about them of course 

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
I don’t really have restrictions on my art as far as PSP tubes and tagging goes but of course I would not like to see my art getting used in an offensive way or to see it getting altered so much that it is hard to recognize.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Of course! That would make me happy

No comments:

Post a Comment