Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rossana Castellino

Tonight we are talking with the artist Rossana Castellino. Rossana's art style is a range of fantasy & gothic.You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at CDO .Thank you so much for talking with us tonight Rossana.


1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? I didn't knew  very well the psp community, thes I was invited by Zindy on "Dreamscape Imaging" to sell my art as tubes! So I was introduced in this world and I knew so many great psp artists!

2) What does your artwork mean to you? Drawing is my passion, my work and my life...My artwork represents what I am, my feelings and especially my attempt to give life to my immagination!!!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?There are many things that inspire me; first of all the music, that always accompanies me when I draw...then movies and animation, romantic and fantasy literature, ancient legends of north, fairytales and underground cultures!

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? Approximately, I sell my artwork for a year as tubes on Dreamscape

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? I use both traditional and digital techniques, but I am especially a traditional artist! I use colored pencils and pastels in most of my illustrations, but I use also markers and sometimes acrylics and watercolors!

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork? My art is available on Queen Kat Design as fabric block, iron transfers and rubber Stamps (www.katstamps.com) I hope also to sell soon other products...and publish many books!!! ^^

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you? The list is very long: first of all I was definitely influenced the great Luis Royo but also by Victoria Franc�s, Dorian Cleavenger, Gerald Brom, Boris Vallejo, Ciruelo Cabral, Arantza Sestayo, Viona, H.R. Giger, Armando Huerta, Hayao Miyazaki, Tim Burton...and many many more!

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible? Surely, the psp community has helped to make a little more known my work! It's a great opportunity for artists!

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? I really love to see the art of other artist and see new things inspired by my art!

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? It's very difficult for me to answer this question because I've never totally satisfied with my drawings, I always try to improve...However, I think one of the most important works for me is "Midnight Masquerade" for two reasons: it was my first self-portrait and I discovered the wonders of grey paper... then I often use the grey paper in my work!

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?I like them both, every works I've seen done with my art tubes was beautiful.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?For tubes I work primarily with Dreamscape, but I also accept commissions and I always accept suggestions by taggers!

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.No, there are no restrictions on the creativity! of course must not to be offensive! �.�

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.Certainly!!! I really enjoy to see taggers work, It' funny and satisfying for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Inspiration! I love how you got your start through Zindy! That's just so cool! Beautiful artwork! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!
    hugs,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete