Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Janna Prosvirina

Hello Readers! Today we are talking with the wonderful artist Janna Prosvirina. Janna has become known for her beautiful fantasy artwork. Janna creates a vividity and takes the person viewing the artwork to another realm  by using colors and her talent. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at DC. Thank you so much for talking with us Janna.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? A friend of mine recommended my work to DSI owners and they asked me to join.

 2) What does your artwork mean to you? I have been painting and drawing as long as I can remember; it is a part of my life and a sort of therapy =) Painting is my way of to expressing feelings and impressions I get, so every piece has a special meaning to me.

 3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? Nature, music, people, seasons, fairy tales, legends, dreams…

 4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? Two years.

 5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?Traditionally, my favorite medium is watercolour but I also use coloured pencil, acrylics and gouache.

 6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?I have also had my artwork used for rubber stamps, fabric blocks, calendars, cards and iron on transfers. Fine art prints will be available through my shop at Etsy soon.

 7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?Ivan Bilibin, Arthur Rackham, Sulamith Wülfing, some of Pre-Raphaelits, Brian Froud and many talented artists I met at DeviantArt who always inspire and move me to create more.

 8) Does the psp community help artists become more well knownwith getting their names and artwork more visible?I hope so but I am not sure about it, because there are so many PSP artists nowadays and a lot of beautiful artworks.

 9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?I enjoy seeing beautiful things people create using tubes.

 10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?A the moment it is “Dragonfly - for the first time in my life it turned out the way I imagined it:) There are many details which I like, such as dragonfly wings, forest, spider webs and of course because I enjoy painting autumn, my favorite season.
“Meet me at dusk” because it was a change from my usual theme and a challenge to paint more realistic, I am quite pleased how it turned out.
“Wisteria” – just because after long cold winter I am longing to see more flowers and blossoms XD

 11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?Both are great=)

 12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? In always depend on the subject of a commission, I take commissions only if I like suggested theme, there is a long list of what I don’t do.I have a thick pile of sketches on my desk which tend to grow. Sometimes I just don’t know which one I should paint next, so I think it would be nice to know what people expect to see more from me. Anyone who would like to share ideas\suggestions is very welcome!

 13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.I don’t really have any restrictions, everything if fine as long as people follow copyright rules.

 14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.That would be great! I would love to receive tags with my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment