Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Natacha Chohra

Hello Readers! Tonight we are visiting with the artist Natacha Chohra. Natacha is relatively new to the PSP community and is quickly gathering fans of her artwork.Her artwork is a fantasy and comforting style blended together to create wonderful images. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSPTubeStop.
Thank you for talking with us Natacha.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
My good friend Lisa Cree asked me if I would join PSP Tube Stop at the end of 2011.
Until then I had never heard about psp tubes so I had to ask her what they were! I am glad I accepted, I love seeing people giving new life to my artworks with the tutorials, it's so exiting :)

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
My art is my whole world...it's the only way I could describe it. I have loved
drawing and painting since as long as I can remember, not being able to express myself that
way would be like losing part of my soul. I fell into fantasy art by chance
2 years ago and have never looked back, it was like coming home. Cheesy I know!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Oh gosh, so many things!! The books I have read since my childhood still inspire me now, especially
children's classics, folklore and fairytales. I was (still am) very obsessive of Arthutian legends. I am a big 
lover of nature and animals and always gain inspiration on my walks in the English countryside. Visiting historical place also inspires me. I am always inspired by other artists'works. My little niece who is turning 4 (and is quite the cheeky fairy) is a constant source of inspiration for me. I also love Sketch Fest which is organised by the lovely Ellen Million every month, it has done so much for developing my creativity!

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Since December 2011 with PSP Tube Stop.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I use traditional mediums: graphite and coloured pencils, watercolours and acrylics. I am completely self-taught and work mostly by
instinct (or trial and error if you prefer), I learn something new with every piece I create. I wouldn't mind trying digital art some day!

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
I am currently working on a children's book project. I will also be teaming up with the lovely and super-talented Sue Rundle-Hughes
(who is also one of my closest friends) very soon, we are going into business together. We are hoping to sell our art together online and at
fairs around the UK if all goes to plan (*crosses fingers and toes*)

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
This could be a very long list..the impressionists for their use of colour, the pre-Raphaelites, Arthur Rackham, the Frouds (Brian's work in particular)...
as a child I was fascinated by the children's books illustrators Beatrix Potter and Jill Barklem (the creator of the Brambly Hedge series, I still have all the books),
and of course the many fantasy artists and Illustrators I have grown to know and love over the last couple of years: James Browne, Aaron Pocock, Gary Lippincott, Sue Rundle-Hughes and many more.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
An absolute and definite yes! I have already met many lovely people in the PSP community :)

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
The lovely people I meet and of course seeing their beautiful creations!

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
It would have to be 'The Ruby Slipper' (the one with the red shoe, the fish and the fairies). It is the first artwork I was ever truly proud of, one of the only ones I have never disliked even after all this time, the first original painting
I ever sold and it's also slightly eccentric (a bit like me).

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I like both! It's crazy what people can do with technology these days :)

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
It is not something which I have come across yet, but I am always open to new ideas!

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Nope... the only thing I wouldn't allow is people using my work without permission.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Oh yes, please please please!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment