Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Enys Guerrero

Hello Readers! Tonight we are visiting with the very talented artist Enys Guerrero. Enys creates beautiful fantasy & gothic artwork. It is easy to be transported to a far away place in her images. You can visit her deviantart and purchase her PSP tubes at CDO. Thanks so much for talking with us tonight Enys.








How did you become part of the psp tube community?
It all started when the people from DreamscapeImaging got in touch with me, they explained me everything about it, they were really interested in having me as part of the group, I loved the idea and seemed to me the artists already working with them at the time or forming the group in general were incredible and very talented, how to say no?

What does your artwork mean to you?
I would say it is very similar to the feelings when you are in love, the regular symptoms, always thinking only in that person, only paying attention to anything that has to do with that person or a least is what you are interested the most, you stay awake all night talking or sharing things with that person, and you even stop eating and in the end that person ends up being your reason to wake up every morning, my work is exactly like that, it causes the very same symptoms in me and sometimes I feel estrange calling work something you enjoy this much, but I guess in the end it is.

What inspire you in creating your artwork?
Wow, they are an infinite number of thing, is something like counting stars, but to mention some of them I could say I’m inspired by things like the opera, the movies, specially if there is tragedy involved, like Giuseppe Verdi’s La Traviata or Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, the magic and nature are also elements very much inspiring to me, just like ancient times like the Renaissance and Victorian, and no doubt about romantic and dark story books like Ann Rice’s or Bram Stoker’s.

How long have you been selling psp tubes?
About two years now, I guess, I’m not really counting, hahaha.

How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
All my artwork is traditional art, I rarely do something in digital art, I only do it by commission because the person wants it that way specifically. The tools I use are mostly regular color pencils, ball point pens and watercolors and I love working in big frame formats.

Aside from psp tubes what else do you create with your artwork?
Besides using my artwork for sale as psp tubes I also do merchandise like stickers or button pins, etc. for events, now I’m also doing some jewelry like ear rings, necklaces and cameos.

As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
At first when I was younger I was strongly influenced by asian comics, anime and manga in general, But at the age of 14 I began to know more about other kind of artists leading me to a new and definitive path and making my artwork to have a great transformation, for that I have to thank some great artists like John William Waterhouse, Luis Royo, Victoria Frances, Alphonse Mucha among others.

Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Yes definitively, it is also up to you as an artist of course, if you are always concerned about making new designs and uploading them as psp tubes, and if the website where you sale them has a great advertising team you should have no problem becoming more well known.

What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I have particularly enjoyed so much knowing artists who are also working at DreamScapeImaging, they are a very close team and wonderful people, and I think I would have never met them if I wasn’t selling psp tubes (obviously).

What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
Right now I have no favorite pieces, all of them have something I love very much and their very own stories make each of them special.

Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non-animated? Or are both great to you?
I think I like them all, it depends greatly in the design of the tag of course, for instance if the tag has a design according to the theme of my illustration, it would be fine, I have liked all the tags that have been made so far using my illustrations, including some animated ones.

Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
To the date I have done no commissions for taggers, but maybe in the future.

Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
No, so far I haven’t had any problem about that, and as long as they don’t distort the illustration and don’t change too many elements diverting it from its original theme I guess I would have no problem about it.

Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Yes, I would like that, it would be very funny watching what they could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment