Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christina Lank

Hello readers! Today we are joined by the very talented artist Christina Lank.You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSP TUBE STOP. Christina creates wonderful scenes involving nature and people. She creates beautiful fantasy with a touch of gothic to them.
Thank you for joining us Christina!






1)How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I had been friends with Lisa Cree, who is the owner of PSP Tubestop for some time before hand and she asked me if I wanted to take part! It seemed like a really fun project so I said of course!

2)What does your artwork mean to you?
The creation of my artwork means everything to me. It keeps me balanced and happy. The art itself always has many different meanings – I paint from stories, emotions, feelings, and even sometimes just from my need to capture beauty with paint.

3)What inspires you in creating your artwork?
A lot of it comes from elements in nature. I love things like tree branches, forests, antlers and birds. In many ways birds seem to me a certain spirit, or feeling. Adding them in to my artwork adds to the mood I am trying to convey.

4)How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Only since 2012! I am a new artist in the psp tube world – but I am sure I will be around for quite some time so long as Lisa will have me ;)

5)How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I am a traditional artist. I started out with acrylics on canvas, the moved onto Masonite board and now am painting a lot with oils. I love making things by hand – in the end having an original piece of art, to me, makes it that much more valuable. Only one person in the world can ever own the real paint and craft.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
I make archival prints, either open edition or limited edition as well as greeting cards.

7)As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
It’s amazing how much talent there is out in the world. I would never say I have stopped developing my style and artwork! It’s a constant mission, and with all of the amazing artists out there today there is always someone new inspiring me with their pieces. Notably over the past year I can think of Jasmine Becket Griffith, Annie Stegg, Sarah Joncas, Kris Lewis, and Mary Jane Ansell…but that’s just the tip of the ice berg really.

8)Does the psp community help artists become more well-known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I think it helps people identify with art in a new way – as they get to reimagine it and make it more their own. It definitely helps get your art to a whole new community from a very different perspective.

9)What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
People are very friendly and open in the community and love to share what they have created which is very nice!

10)What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
That’s a tough question. It is hard picking a favorite but some I am proud of is: “Equilibrium”, as it is such a large painting, over 3 feet long. I worked very hard on the girls faces and the moths and butterflies and was a real joy to paint. Also perhaps “The Seven Ravens” as it has been one of my first completed oil paintings and switching to a new medium is always a challenge…so I am proud I pulled it off in the small time frame I had to do it.

11)Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
Either is great! Though the animated ones are especially fun as you can see your art being brought to life :D

12)Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I have never been asked, but the person who’s be commissioning me would probably be commissioning me to own the actual painting. The tube might just be a side treat :P People are free to come at me with ideas though!

13)Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
I don’t mind as they are the ones who have bought the tube, I just would want it to remain decent…no animation for anything rated R for example ;) And I would under no circumstances let it be resold or printed. I think the psp community as a whole is pretty good with that sort of thing!

14)Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Of course! I love it too! I keep all the pieces others make of my artwork in a special folder on my computer.They make me really happy and I always love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment