Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sharron Wiley

Tonight we are visitng with Sharron Wiley. We are so happy to have her stop by our place and talk with us. You can find her art & tubes at MTA. She really does great and unique artwork.
Thank you so much Sharron for taking the time to visit with us.






1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
When My Tubed Art, was still MistakenArt , Mis asked me personally to join her site

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
Everything. It's a way to share my ideas, a way to relax, a way to express myself, and a way to communicate with likeminded people. I like looking at beautiful interesting things, and I love making them!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I get inspiration everywhere. I look a lot. I watch and study. I can be inspired by a stylish lady or I can be inspired by an interesting shape in a spilt coffee. I get inspired a lot by movie and television characters. I often even get inspired by packaging designs in the grocery store.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Honestly I don't even remember. The good thing about selling tubes is that you can take a break if you need to, and your tubes will still be available. I'd say about 6 years.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
Until about 3 years ago my art was exclusively hand drawn. I used pencil for the lines and prismacolor colored pencil for colors. Since I have been in school I have started using Adobe Illustrator to create art. I use the same pencil process to create the line art, and then I import those into Illustrator and color it digitally.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
Mostly just personal pieces and assignments. School has really pushed my artistic limits. I have had less time for personal work, but the projects I have done for school have been things I would have never done on my own. It's been fun learning new ways to create.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
Who hasn't? My biggest influences are Gil Elvgren and Olivia DeBerardinis. Some of my more recent obsessions are Brian Viveros and Tyson McAdoo. Early influences were Boris Vallejo, Brian Froud, Dorian Cleavenger, I could go on for days.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I would say so. I have fans and friends from all over the world that I don't think I could have reached without being part of the psp community.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I LOVE seeing tubes that people create with my art. I feel so honored that they enjoy it enough to create with it.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
I am partial to my original characters, Backseat Betty, L'Via Samhain, Jane Doe, HeeBeeGeeBee. I have created some pretty cool characters if I do say so myself, and when I draw them it feels kind of like I'm revisiting an old friend.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I love them all, but I am a closet girly girl and animations and sparkles make me giddy!

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I would. I have done some contests where the winners have won commissions and custom art. I try to create things that the taggers ask for, and hopefully when school is over I will have more time to make more specialized tags for my fans.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
I want people to have fun and create things they love, so if that means turning it upside down and tinting it blue, I am perfectly fine with it.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Umm, Yeah!! I love seeing them. I have an album on my Facebook page where I display all the tags I have been sent featuring my artwork. It feels like a little celebration every time I receive one.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work Sharron (also Tyson McAdoo is a big fav) and it's really great to read a bit more about you, makes you a real person not just a name we see on tubes.

    Good luck with school and keep creating xx

    ReplyDelete