Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sarah Pauline

Hello everyone. Thank you for joining us. This afternoon we are visiting with the wonderful artist Sarah Pauline. She creates beautiful fantasy themed artwork. You can find her art & tubes at MTA. Thank you so much for speaking with us Sarah.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?  People started using my art that way a long time ago.  Once people became more aware of copyright issues theycame to me directly and asked for permission, which was really great.  Eventually I was invited to participate and have been involved with a couple of PSP companies over the last 10 or 11 years.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?  My artwork really is mainly about taking time to myself to decompress.  The act of painting is very meditative to me and has always
been a source of relaxation and comfort.  For me it is more about the process than the outcome.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?  I am inspired by myth, fairy tale, innocence and beauty.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?  I believe I started in 2005.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?  I am definitely a traditional artist.  I have a minor in studio arts and have been working in watercolor, oils, acrylics since childhood.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?  My art has been featured in several published books, calendars and licensed products including mugs, figurines, tee shirts and more.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?  It can be difficult not to take influence from other artists.  I love the work of Stephanie Law, Beth Hansen-Buth, Denise Garner, Meredith Dillman, Linda Ravenscroft and more.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?  I really don't know.  Maybe now that is the case.  I suppose exposure of any kind is a good thing.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? I have done a lot of halloween art which I really have enjoyed, but really I am all about the next thing.  It is hard to have a favorite because I can always see so much I want to improve.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?  I think any way people are creative is great.  I love that people can take existing work and make it their own, springboarding off what I have done.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?  I am not taking commissions right now.  Family and other commitments have me booked solid.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. No, I am open to whatever people want to do with it.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.  I love seeing what people have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment