Thursday, April 7, 2016

Clare Bertram

Good afternoon readers as it is about lunchtime here. We are joined by the wonderful artist Clare Bertram. Her artwork is a combination of fantasy and gothic. You can see more by her on her Deviantart page and her website. Thank you so much for talking with us today Clare.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? 

I received an offer to join the PSP Tube community by Creative Design Outlet (CDO) and am very glad that I am now a part of it – it has certainly widened my reach to viewers for my art and its lovely to see them being used and viewed in a respectful approach.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?

My art is my escape from reality, but as an oxymoron - it’s also where I bring my imagination to reality. Art is my chosen expression for me to bring to life my dreams, thoughts, interests and my love of storytelling 
through visual media. Art is a part of my personality that I could never imagine not indulging in. There’s 
nothing more satisfying for me than to share my art with the world and to see how the stories of them unfold in different peoples’ perceptions of it.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

I love all things fantastical and whimsical and I often love to paint it with a dark and gothic approach. This is 
very reflective of my upbringing. Folktales and cultural mythologies have been a huge inspiration for me, as I 
come from an Irish and Hungarian background; I have had the best of both worlds when it came to stories of 
fairies and elves all the way to vampires and werewolves.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?

I have been selling psp tubes for a number of months now with the outlet CDO.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand 
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

Although I began my art career as a traditional artist, I soon learnt the value of producing art digitally
 especially for commercial outlets. It sparked a new beginning for me and now I cannot part with the medium. I still generally begin my artworks with a simple sketch which is hand drawn, I follow it up by scanning it into my computer and working within Photoshop to produce the artworks that I currently create.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?

Aside from psp tubes. I have had a number of products created with my artwork, ranging from dream catchers, household items, greeting cards, clothing, jewelry and more. I am hoping to expand my product 
base over time as I continue to improve my skill.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?

From the age of 12, I was taught traditional media by Cynthia Hargraves – a renowned pastel artist here in Australia. She certainly helped me develop my own style which I transferred
into digital media. A number of people have said that my style is similar to that of Anne Stokes which I take as an enormous compliment and I have found her success within the fantasy genre to be an inspiration for me. I have a huge list of artists and their work that I love and am inspired by including Victoria Frances, Luis Royo, 
Jessica Galbreth, Selene Regener (Selenada), Gorden Napier (Dashinvaine), Rebecca Sinz (ElvenstarArt), and 
many more.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?

As I mentioned before, I found this to be true for me in regards to helping my work reach more people. It is a 
fantastic outlet for people to see your work as it is another wonderful form of exposure.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

The lovely messages and emails I get from people who have used my work or found me through a psp outlet. It is wonderful to be able to connect with people who I share common interests with and learn more about 
the community itself.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?

My heart certainly lies within my darker pieces. I have enjoyed creating all my artworks but more recently I 
have been concentrating on the gothic genre and I love the outcomes. I feel they represent me and my style 
best. If I had to choose one specific artwork I would always say my latest work, as in each new artwork, I have 
learnt something new and improved my skill in some way.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?

I have yet to see my artworks animated. However, I would imagine that I would enjoy both judging from what I’ve seen with other artist’s works.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?

I do not do commissions as of yet due to time constraints but I am always willing to listen to ideas that taggers may have and I try my best to cater to this community. 

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.

I love it when people are creative and I encourage it to a reasonable extent. I still want my work to look like it was created by me as I put a lot of work into each piece and each painting still represents me as an artist. I don’t allow editing the painting itself (adding extra elements such as more butterflies, etc), disproportioning the painting by resizing it or any drastic change.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.

I would absolutely love for people to contact me and share their tags or just say a general hello. The best 
place to contact me is on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/clarebertramart/

No comments:

Post a Comment