Monday, February 1, 2021

Kamilla Goldwasser

 After a very long sabbatical, we have returned with our interviews. We do apologize for being away for so long. Today, we are joined by Kamilla Goldwasser. You can purchase her tubes at Art-Content.





1. How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

I started drawing tubes in 2018 for a team of artists. Personally, I learned about the world of PSP a year later. It was then that I started my Facebook page and began to publish my work personally, and at the same time I met many creative and kind people.

2. What does your artwork mean to you?

In my art I try to balance on the verge between beauty and fear, tenderness and pain, mix the smell of wildflowers with drops of blood, the unknown night full of dangers with the lulling sound of rain. I put some vulnerability into my art. Everyday images of people are boring and uninteresting to me. I am drawn to fantasy, magic and fairy tales. Everything is possible in our imagination, it paints amazing pictures every time we close our eyes or just dream. This is how I shape them.

3. What inspires you in creating your artwork?

I am inspired by nature - wild and perfect. Primitive magic, paganism, witchcraft and fantasy.

4. How long have you been selling psp tubes?

I have been selling my tubes since spring 2019.

5. How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

I create digital art. I draw on my computer in Photoshop using a graphics tablet.

6. Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?

Yes, I create full-fledged paintings based on my tubes. You can see them in my Instagram.

7. As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?

I never looked for my style, but people say I have always had it. Very few artists dare to try themselves in the fantasy genre, even fewer people who manage to do it effectively. I've always been drawn to dark aesthetics, which is probably why I found my own style in it.

Artists who influenced me Victoria Frances, Luis Royo, Enys Guerrero, Natalie Shu, Laura Makabresku, Yuriko Shirou, Christopher Lovell.

8. Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?

Yes, there are Creative Teams and many groups where taggers publish their work with the indication of the authors of the tubes. This is how the exchange of creativity and recommendations takes place.

9. What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

I like that we are all people here united by a common desire to create. Creativity helps people get through bad times in life, find like-minded people, and get feedback on their work. We understand each other and support each other.

10. What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?

I love my pagan virgins - Isgerda, Estrith and Roxanne, as well as gothic Rosemary and Raven. Estrith even participated in an exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art. All of these tubes are special for me, they are very individual and each has its own character. Be it the ghost of a beautiful girl or a charmer of white crows.

11. Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?

 I love both. Sometimes I meet such beautiful tags that they also inspire me.

12. Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?

No, I do not draw commissions, because every tube I draw is about inspiration, ideas come to me in dreams or penetrate into me along with music. Often, images are born in the process of drawing and I myself do not know how the tube will turn out at the end. I love improvisation and the lack of a framework is very important for me.

13. Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.

Not if the talk is about creativity.

14. Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.

Yes, of course. Many taggers tag me on their tags, some even create tags with my name. I try not to miss any of them and give each of them their due attention.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved learning more about you, Kamilla. Your beautiful art is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview and so nice to know more about you Kamilla...I think I own everyone of your beautiful creations
    Thank you for joining the PSP community :)and allowing us to create with your art

    ReplyDelete