Monday, December 5, 2011

TooshToosh

Tonight we are visited by the talented artist TooshToosh.
She does uniquely cute and fantastical images and characters.
TooshToosh is an independent artist and sells her own tubes.
You can find her website and tube store here
Thank you so much for talking with us.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

Well I got a lot of questions by mail about my "TOU" and "PSP TUBES", now I didn't understand any of these words and what did people wanted from me, until there was one sweet lady who finally explained to me in so much details what does TOU PSP TUBES means and what everybody wanted :) So after a while after I still recieved so many mails I decided well maybe it's worthwhile to invest a lot of effort and time in getting into this world and community...

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
My independance, my satisfaction and pride, my making a living, the joy of creating and getting better and better...

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
Looking at other people's work inspire me a lot, pictures, colors, pretty designs, cute charachters, cute animals, my cats, dragons, animated movies, my imagination...

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Since May 2010 (That was easy, Hooray!)

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
First I get an idea, then I draw it on paper, I do a few scetches until theres one that i'm satisfied with, it can take a few minutes and it can take a long hour.... then I scan it, and start working on Photoshop, corrections, outlines, flat colors, and final coloring which is for me the most fun part..
so I use: pencil, eraser, scanner, photoshop, and a wacom tablet

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you createwith your artwork?
Well I draw big drawings with backgrounds and all, and sell those as prints

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?

I love so many artists, and a lot of them influenced me in one wy or another.. some of the artist I admire:

Lolita art : http://lolita-art.deviantart.com/
Trencmaker is amazing, love that girl:  http://trenchmaker.deviantart.com/
Jermilex : http://jermilex.deviantart.com/

Oh my god there are so many, you can check out my deviantart favorites section, that's the main place I "collect" art I love: http://tooshtoosh.deviantart.com/favourites/

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Sure, as long as they give me credit and write my name, i'm visible :)

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I love how nice the people are, eager to help, always put a good word, compliment, they hug me to their community very easily, and it's a very warm and loving cimmunity, I love that...

No comments:

Post a Comment