1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I had licensed my work a few years ago, but the company ended up shutting down. So, it didn't last very long. I actually wasn't too interested in pursuing it because I really had to censor my images quite a bit in order for them to be palatable for most sigtaggers. But then, about a year ago I was contacted by CDO because sigtaggers were asking about how to get my images. So, I felt loved. Hee hee. I've been doing it ever since.
2) What does your artwork mean to you?
It's fun. That's really why I do it. I enjoy creating erotic work because it's such a far cry from my regular, mainstream jobs. I would much rather do this for a living...hopefully one day I can just focus on my CartoonPink illustrations and afford to do so.
3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
It's a combination of things. Part of it is being inspired by an idea or an image that I find to be super sexy, the other part of it is the challenge. I tend to like to try to draw really unique poses with difficult angles. That's actually where CartoonPink started...as naughty figure drawings in my sketchbook.
4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
I think it's getting close to a year now that I have been with CDO.
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I use both. I draw everything by hand, using pencil and then I scan those drawings in and colour them in photoshop. I love my wacom tablet :)
6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
I have created a lot of super naughty work that doesn't seem to be appropriate for psp tubes. Hee hee. That's what I have been doing for years. I share that work on my cartoonpink blog and I'm hoping to get an official membership based website running at some point. I'm also really eager to publish an adult art book as well. Other than that I create custom images for people who are interested in having their own sexy illustrations.
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
Mostly, it's been "cartoon porn" which led me in the direction I've gone. Basically I didn't like the drawing style of what I saw in that genre. I'm not a huge anime or manga fan and that's generally where that stuff comes from. So, I wanted to create erotic, animation inspired images in a style that I enjoyed. So, I developed CartoonPink. I really like the illustrations in the graphic novels "Skydoll" as well as "Keepers of the Maser" and "Blacksad". I'm also inspired by Pixar as well. I saw a gap in the market for well drawn erotic cartoons so I decided to give it a shot.
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I'm sure they do. It's a little tricky with me because most everything the psp community sees is my tamer work...so that doesn't really represent what I have created CartoonPink to be. But it's great to see even my tamer work is being enjoyed, and it's great to make a little money to help keep me going.
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
It's a great way to help fund my work, and it's good to know that people are enjoying it. I also really appreciate the recognition of the artists copyright, knowing that people are respecting that is wonderful and refreshing.
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
Mostly the really odd ones. Hee hee. The more unusual the angle, perspective and position the more I enjoy them...that is, the ones I end up sharing (because that means they turned out okay). Again, I like the challenge and it really helps me to grow as an artist that way. So those are my favourites.
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I don't think I have seen any animated ones, actually. I still am pretty new to this :)
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
Absolutely! I'm always available for custom work as well as suggestions :)
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
I'm not too sure what mirroring is....sorry, hee hee. I'm kind of out of the loop here. But I guess the only thing I wouldn't like is to have my artwork changed so much that it's unrecognizable as my own work. Other than that, it's fun to see people enjoying my cartoons!
14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Absolutely! Send them to my facebook page, or post them. It's great to see so many creative people out there having fun. Yay!