Today we are visited by the talented artist Anna Liwanag. Anna has a unique art style that sets her apart from other artists. You can visit her website and purchase her tubes from CDO & PFD.
Thank you so much for talking with us Anna.
1) How did you become a part of the PSP tube community?
A former co-worker referred me to a PSP tube store and it started from there.
2) What does your artwork mean to you?
It's everything. Through my art, I earn, I meet people, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment and bliss. It keeps me sane. So yeah, it's everything. I'm pretty bad at everything else.
3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I'm inspired by a lot of things and it's not very hard to get me inspired. One time, the sunray was passing through the kitchen window and it hits the rice in the rice cooker and it was sparkling. I thought it was the most beautiful thing that I saw that day so it inspired me to do some artworks. Random things, nature, and instrumental music inspire me the most.
4) How long have you been selling PSP tubes?
I think it's been 3 years now.
5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
I oil paint and do digital paintings but for artworks for PSP tubes, I do them digitally. Some of my old works were sketched traditionally then colored in Photoshop but I think just sketching straight in Photoshop saves a lot of time so I dropped the former process. Photoshop and Wacom tablet are my main tools.
6) Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?
Some of my artworks are available as prints over at PTE and I'm currently in the process of providing graphics for websites. I also used to provide artworks for a game company and do storyboards and animatics for an advertising studio.
7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?
I love looking at the works of oil painting masters---Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Waterhouse, Sargent, Zorn, and a lot more. Their works ignite something in me. They are paintings that refuse to be ignored.
8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?
Yes, of course! My website have hits coming from PSP tube blogs and from google search using keywords like "psp tubes" or "tubes" so thank you all so much!
9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
I love seeing people getting their creative fix using my artwork. Their one finished work is a collaboration between two or more artists which I think is cool! I love how they can turn my work into something else!
10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
For personal work, I'm loving "Peyote". It's my cell phone wallpaper and it grew on me. I think it's the stare. For PSP tubes, I like my "Butterfly" and "Pink" pinups because I love doing portraits. I like painting the face and hair the most.
11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
I love them both! I collect them.
12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
I'd like to hear some ideas. I get brain dead and get stuck on what to do next sometimes. I will also do commissions when it's not a rush commission (like you want it asap).
13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Everything is fine. I support your creative juices so please keep them flowing~~~
14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Yes, please. I'd love to see what people did. I actually google them and save them in a folder. I now have a growing folder, they're all great! Thank you all so so so much!!!