Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wendy Fowler

Today we are visited by the fantasy artist Wendy Fowler. Wendy has a very distinctive style with her artwor.
 You can visit her website and purchase her tubes at PSP Tube Stop. Thank you for talking with us today Wendy.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? A little over a year ago I was approached by My Tag Art and I decided to give it a go. I’m really happy to be working with Lisa and PSP Stop.

 2) What does your artwork mean to you? My art allows me to stretch and explore boundaries and regions within me. In some ways it reflects my mental, emotional or spiritual state or the synthesis of all three. I hope that when my artwork is completed (from the sketch, to the line work, to painting it) that in the end, it will reach out and touch people and the viewer will connect with the piece. When I’m not doing artwork, I feel out of touch. So I make it a habit of even if it’s a sketch, to do something alittle everyday.

 3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? Anything and everything. Depends on what “strikes” the muse. It could be a song, a picture or a theme. Honestly I can’t pin down what one thing inspires me. I seem to get inspired when I’m around various bodies of water. In short, inspiration is all around me. I think it more of timing of when I’ll be “struck” down by something to inspire me artwork wise.

 4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?A little over a year.

 5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? Its ALL by hand! I joke with my husband that the really fine details I do is thanks to “hand-trained mouse and an iiiiittty bitty paint brush”. I’m looking an planning on stretching myself into digital and doing other types of traditional medium (like colored pencil, pastels, etc)

 6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork? I’ve played with clay and LOVE it. Unfortunately the cost of a kiln is more than I could afford. I’m pretty low key on the crafting department. But I considering cooking and baking an art form as well and I make some incredibly delicious gluten-free chocolate chunk chip cookies!

 7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?That’s a REALLY big list. I was first influenced artistically by the masters of artwork; such as Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrant, Donatello, Alphonse Mucha,  Vargas – my father had an book that dealt with the history or art and I would spend time just looking over images. From there it was Wendy Pini (creator of ElfQuest), Brian Froud, Boris Vallejo, Chris Achilleos (I hope I have his name right), Frank Frazetta and Olivia. From there my tastes grew into anime (CLAMP being one of my favorites), Brom, Amy Brown, Jessica (Galbreth) Massiker, Stephanie Law, Nene Thomas, Rebecca Sinz, Mitzi Sato-Wiuff, Victoria Griffin, Brenda Sisson, etc. etc. etc – the list goes on and on…

 8) Does the PSP community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible? Well of course! Yes! Its free publicity! I have nothing against that.

 9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?I love seeing the art that is created by psp community. Its an art form in itself.

 10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? I would have to show some bias to “Angelic Waters” and “Nice to Meet You” – I think they are some of my best work because the inspiration in my head, made it to paper the way I see it in my minds eye from start to finish.

 11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? Whatever floats a person’s boat I have no objection to either animated or non animated. I’m not the artist when it comes to psp tubes. So if a person wants to animate my work or leave it non animated, I leave it up to the person creating.

 12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? I’m not doing commissions of any kind – simply because I don’t have a lot of time. But I’m always willing to listen to ideas for tubes and see if I can make them happen.

 13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. Honestly can’t think of anything. I refer my answer here back to #11. So long as its tastefully done and doesn’t depict violence, degradation of any kind, etc – anything out right truly negative, I’m fairly easy going with how the psp community would like to create with my works.

 14) Would you like to receive tags which our members may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.
Oh yes please! I don’t bite! <3

1 comment:

  1. :) Hi all! I also have a blog on Blogger/Blogspot if you want to follow me!

    http://other-worlds-art.blogspot.com/

    It was fun and honor to the interview! <3

    ReplyDelete