Friday, February 10, 2012

Michele Ann

Today we are talking with the artist Michele Ann.Michele does wonderful fantasy and gothic artwork. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at Dreamscape. Michele bring emotion to life in her artwork. Thank you so much for talking with us today Michele.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

Zindy from ‘Dreamscape Imaging’ approached me, asking whether I would be interested in my art being available for Tubes etc and I immediately thought it would be a great project to be involved in.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?

Creating a piece of artwork is such a powerful thing, each piece is a representation of how I feel at that particular moment in time, my artwork is really a collection of my feelings, it’s how I choose to express them.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

 For me inspiration can come from many sources, music, films, people. Something I see or hear can trigger an emotion and that in turn inspires me to create.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?

 I have been selling tubes for about a year with ‘Dreamscape’.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

 I’m not a digital artist and I don’t consider myself a painter, I draw, predominantly using Faber Castel pencils. I do occasionally use paint for highlighting or pastels to create a smoky background but I’m most comfortable using just pencils.

6) Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
 Well, my website www.micheleannart.com is about to be launched and at the moment will just be selling prints but hopefully will have many other products soon. I have also done two book covers for author Ian O’Neill http://www.ianoneill.co.uk/, and have been working on projects for Cecile Guillot, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Where-Witches-Rise/158908817527390.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?

 There have been many artists who have influenced me over the years, my earliest being Boris Vallejo his work just blows me away. Others include, John Waterhouse, Gustav Klimt, Luis Royo, Felix Mas, Jia Lu and of course the wonderful Victoria Frances.

8)  Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?

 I think the psp community does a great job in getting little known artists work out there, getting a wider audience is always hard but being involved with psp’ers is a fantastic opportunity that any artist should be grateful for.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

 I have been in touch with some fantastic psp people and seeing their creations. always amazes me! What they can do with a piece of artwork is so clever.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?

 That’s a difficult question because each piece means something personal to me. I would have to say ‘Pain’ is rather special, firstly it’s my son who modelled for that one and he is obviously in pain, the skull represents emotional pain rather than physical, so no matter how many plasters or bandages you use the pain remains. Also ‘Bitten’ for me is important because it was my first attempt at Gothic/fantasy and was published by GB Posters.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?

 Any tags with my art tubes are great I have no preference.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?

I find it hard to do commission’s full stop, my work is very personal and I have difficulty getting enthusiastic about other people suggesting ideas for me. It has to come from the heart to express something only I’m feeling at that time otherwise its not self expression.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.

 I’m open to anything with my art, if someone has been inspired to create something from a piece that I’ve done I think that’s fantastic.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.

 Absolutely, I love seeing what people can do with my art it never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment