Friday, March 9, 2012

Chrissy Clark

Hello Readers! Tonight we are visiting with the artist Chrissy Clark. Chrissy has been a part of the PSP community for several years. Her artwork has a very familiar cute anime style which sets her apart from other artists. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at CDO.Thank you so much for talking with us Chrissy.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? I was found by Artisic Minds (AMI) when it was around on DeviantArt.  I had a gallery up there for about a year or a little more when I was approached by them.  I didn't have a clue what licensing was so I had a lot of questions and asked some other licensing artists I decided it would be in my best interest to try it out and the response was overwhelming and I am sooo happy I did it.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
 That is a difficult question.  Alot of my work comes from dreams but also happiness. A good mood really helps me bring out what I want to show in my characters, so a lot of my work is my own expression of happiness and when I look at it often means to me that I
captured a point of happiness in my life and it makes me smile or it means that I was able to bring something beautiful in me out to
share with the rest of the world, and when I see others enjoy it too it brings me immense joy on the inside that something that came from within me came out and brought a smile or a laugh to someone else. 

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
See above question for answer to this

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? I believe it has been since halfway through 2006 or the beginning of 2007, not completely sure but it has been a while now and a lot of fun.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?All of my pieces start as sketches in my sketchbook.  I then scan them into my computer and mostly use Microsoft Expression Design as my main  program of choice. It is vector program and I use those specifically because I like the crisp clean cell art look of my pieces after they are
finished.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork? Currently I also work with DecalGirl.com for skins for phone, tablet, e-reader, game systems, and other electronic devices. I have worked with Music City Marketing for
figurines and cigarette cases available in stores in the US.  I have been with Pacific

Trading for a couple of years, they produce ceramic tiles, mugs, and candle
sconces with my work, and I recently just signed with the Liquid Skin brand which had some really exciting things in the works which I will announce in the next couple
of months. :D

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?Strangely enough as I was younger I was mostly inspired by fantasy art.  I found artists like Brian Froud, Michael Whelan, Julie Bell, and later as a teenager I
found Olivia and finally discovered anime.  I fell in love with that style immediately and my work is pretty random, but I often try to combine the original things I love
with one another.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible? Definitely yes. I used to work with some other companies a couple years ago (out of business now) that found me through tagging! What a blessing it has been. I can never
express my thanks to taggers enough which is why I often include extras with my tubes for them if possible.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?I LOVE seeing the creations that taggers make, they are so awesome and inspiring! I love to see how they come up with unique and beautiful designs.  I also find it an honor
that they would used my work for their own creations, it's just so cool.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?I really love my Succubus piece. It is definitely the style I like more, but I love Sweet Like candy because I love the pose and dynamic style I captured with my character.
It's really not one, I could never decide completely.  The Alice Fairies are definitely a fav and I hope to expand that.  They all make me so happy and proud once I finish each
one. :)

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? Both are definitely great, but I love the animated ones, they are so cool! Really it is both, I just don't care which as long as I get to see it.  they make me smile. :)

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers

may have?I have taken both but I have limited time as I work a regular job, am a mom, and trying to keep the art going and everything, so I rarely take commissions anymore, but often post
when I am available for them I often post so on my site.  Suggestions I try to listen to as well but I don't want to "cheat" you guys out of good stuff.  Sometimes I can take suggestions and roll with it and sometimes I just can't get inspired to do so.  If I can't get inspired it won't turn out well and I don't like to put work out there
that isn't my best. Maybe I am to strict with myself lol. 

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.I really have not thought of that but so far no I haven't found anything so far that I don't allow, but then again I may not know about everything out there either.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.Of course! I have a tagger's gallery on my website and am revamping my site soon with some of the newer tags I've received.  You can email tags to tags@chrissyclark.com. I like to display first name, state or country, and if you have a site or tutorial site then I will gladly put that with it as well.  I really love getting tags and I definitely love to share them with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Chrissy's art!!!! She was the first PTU tubes I bought at AMI. I have all of hers from there. Wish I could afford to re-buy them at CDO with all the new layers. LOL

    ReplyDelete