Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Memory Firkins Howell

Hello Readers! Tonight we are visiting with the artist Memory Firkins Howell.Memory is a new artist to the PSP community. Her artwork is fantasy old world type of style. You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSPTubeStop. Thank you so much for talking with us Memory.

1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?   I was approached on facebook to join psp tubes and was so delighted to be part of this wonderful group .

2) What does your artwork mean to you? I feel its a reflection of yourself, a part of you that can go on when your not here any longer. I do not have the opportunity to see my grandchildren often and it means so much to me to be able to leave a small part of myself behind for my grand children to remember me. My art allows me to express my inner self and I'm so grateful that I am able to spend each day drawing and creating.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?  Just about everything....while lying in bed, even the design in a textured ceiling may resemble the outline of a fairy that I must jump up and get down on paper before the idea is gone, every where you look, Nature lends idea's to the imagination. I think Nature is the best inspiration of all, the colors, the lines, the textures of nature always lends ideas and thoughts that make me want to create.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? Just a few months now, tubing is very new to me.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?  I only do my art by hand, but I am very open to learning digital art as well. The tools I use are very important to me...since I use mixed media, but 99% watercolor, I feel its very important to have great watercolors and I prefer Holbein, brushes are so important also and be sure to have a variety in sizes. I use minimal watercolor pencils and outline my art with micron pens. I mostly use 140# paper because thats all Im able to buy but prefer 200 pound.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?  Well, my art is on craft stamps, material, and cakes as well as tubes.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?  My first and still favorite is Authur Rackham, then love Brian Froud, Jean Baptise Monge,  James Browne, Ed Org, and many , many artists on facebook.  Each artist on my list has something special and different about them that inspires me.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?  I'm sure it does and its wonderful to have the psp community supporting your art and getting your name known.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? The chance to grow as an artist, to become better known, and to hopefully make new friends.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?  I'm not sure I have a favorite, but I am happiest with the pieces that the face has the character in it to express feelings to the viewer. I love it when a viewer says...I think the Fairy is saying...I think the Fairy is doing...this tells me that they are identifying with the piece and it is evoking emotion in the viewer.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? I think I'm great with both.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? I have not done commissions yet but might be open to that.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.   Nothing comes to mind about what I wont allow. But I would prefer that if someone wanted to use my art for say...like facebook...that they ask permission first.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers. That would be great, I would like that very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment