Friday, March 30, 2012

Deanna Bach-Talsma

Hello Readers! Today we are visited by the artist Deanna Bach-Talsma. Deanna is new to the PSP community.She has a wonderful fantasy artwork style in the images she creates.You can visit her website and purchase her PSP tubes at PSPTUBESTOP. Thank you so much Deanna for talking with us today.



1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? I just recently got signed up with PSP TubeStop, and that has been my very first look at the psp tube community.

2) What does your artwork mean to you? My artwork is my way of expressing the things that interest or excite me. I love fantasy, magic and beauty, both light and dark, and being able to bring it to life and share my fancies with people is the best feeling.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? I am inspired by nature (I used to paint wildlife paintings), beauty in all its forms, fantasy stories and mythologies, and just the possiblity of magic existing.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?I have just signed up with PSP TubeStop this year, so maybe a couple months as I have not been licensed with any other psp tube companies.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?My artwork is mostly watercolour but sometimes I like to use a touch of gouache. I use reference photos when I paint. I sketch it lightly on hot press (smooth) watercolour paper, then go to town with the paint!

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?

I am also licensed with Abracraftdabra Designs, who make crossstich charts. I personally make prints, cards, magnets, bookmarks, necklaces, lipbalm, bath salts, stickers and tshirts featuring my artwork. I also have a Zazzle store where even more products with my art can be purchased.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you? I was first drawn to Robert Bateman, a fantastic wildlife artist. I like Salvador Dali, and Monet quite a bit too. The first time I took notice of fairy artwork, it was Amy Brown and I just loved the fact that someone was painting fairies! When I discovered Selina Fenech's art I decided I wanted to paint in a similar style to her realistic but magical story telling style. There are so many other fantastic fantasy artists and many styles and I enjoy and am influenced by many of them.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible? I would suspect so! Displaying a print on a wall at home will reach a few people, but displaying a picture on the internet has the potential to reach many many people!

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?I like that people like my art enough to want to display it in a way that means something to them.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? One of my favorite art pieces is my "Kindreds - Red Fox" because I LOVE foxes and I really like the eyes of both the fae and the fox in it. I also like "Stardancer" alot because I managed to get the effect of the dress pretty much bang on to how I envisioned it in my head. A painting that is personal to me is "Adrift (Danse des Sylphes)" as I love anything air related and I mostly painted this painting for my own amusement and enjoyment.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? Honestly, I have not yet seen a tube with my art yet (and would very much like to!) but I think either style would be pretty cool! :)

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?I do offer commissions on paintings. I am always open minded to whatever my muse throws my way, even be it in the form of an idea from a fan.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.I don't think I have anything I don't allow, except defacing or making something graphically violent.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our members.Oh my goodness, yes!!! That would be really cool to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment