Sunday, April 8, 2012

Max Brady

Hello Readers! Tonight we are talking with the artist Max Brady. Max does sexy pin-ups in his artwork style.
You can visit his website and purchase his PSP tubes at AIL. Max is still very new to the PSP community. He is located in Italy but will be moving to the United States. Thanks for talking with us Max.


1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? By mail of the responsible for the artists recruitment.

2) What does your artwork mean to you? Everything! I think with drawing, I communicate with drawing, I imagine with drawing! I love to draw, I spend many hours to improve my technique more and more, and this is what my friend and supervisor Steve Wang told me, "Max, you have Passion, and this is a gift!" These are precious words for an artist!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? Love for comics, science fiction, fantasy, and the models! Yeah, I draw mainly female figures, because they are charming, sensual and sexy at the same time. I use to make the poses, character design software, or the classic mannequin, and beginning with the sketch, and gradually, I make clothes and objects. The rest is imagination! I miss only a real model! ;)

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? This year

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? Mainly I draw by hand, I have many mechanical pencils, wood, mechanical erasers, markers and all the tools of an illustrator. I also use to work in digital coloring to the computer to speed up, sometimes starting the drawing directly on the computer with my tablet.
Using mainly mechanical pencil because it is accurate and and there are many measures of leads. Mechanical eraser to erase fine details, it's a 2.3 mm (0.09 in). Using Copic colors because, made for the bright color and compact design, while for digital, I have my assistants, 3 Macintosh!

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork? Illustrations! I'm also putting down ideas for a comic book, superhero style. Obviously, the hero is female, and save the world from bad guys!

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you? Drawing since I was 11, then I worked in electronics (studies) and music (composer arranger) for several years, then came back to my true nature, artwork, starting with the Japanese anime, drawing them ever since they arrived in Italy, with Grendizer, in 1978. Since then, always and only anime. Then, I came to American comics today. I follow many exceptional artists, from the great Michael Turner, to my idol, Stan Lee, and many others, but my eye fell on an artist that has the style that suits me, Joe Benitez. He's now my pencils master.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible? There are many great artists in the psp community, and certainly with their art emphasize even more the work of the illustrator.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? Certainly the vivacity of the artists! it's nice to be part of it.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? Maria Fleed. She's the Duke Fleed sister in the anime Grendizer. Just got the cartoon on TV in 1978, I have not lost an episode. TV in front of me, paper and pencil in my hands, and draw the characters with "drawing on the fly" technique! You know, at that time nobody had a computer at home, or internet.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? Both great!

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? Yes I do commissions. I am open to any ideas! Sometimes there are suggestions, usually ask, "What kind do you prefer?" and invent a character.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. Any idea to use is interesting. Talking with me first, of course.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers. Why not? Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment