Thursday, May 31, 2012

Natalie VonRaven

Hello Readers! Today we are talking with the artist Natalie VonRaven. Natalie has her own unique art style which sets her apart from other artists. She brings a lot of life and a bit of whimsical to the faces and images she creates in her artwork. You can visit her blog and purchase her PSP tubes at CDO.Thank you so much for talking with us today Natalie.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?
I thought it was a great way to share and appreciate art! I was originally licensed with My Tag Art and have recently signed on with Creative Design Outlet.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
Art is my greatest form of self expression, it is my outlet and my escape. The more I do it, the more significant and self-revealing it becomes.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?
I am inspired by everything...movies, music, nature, folklore, magick, color schemes, eras and the feelings evoked by various combinations of all the above.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?
Its been a few years now, on and off.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?
My art is all done traditionally by hand using acrylic paints. I usually sketch out a concept with pencil
and transfer it to the canvas. Occasionally Ill use the computer to resize/skew my sketches to fit the canvas.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?
I offer fine art prints, both limited and open edition, as well as artist trading cards. I also incorporate it into jewelry and other wearable artforms. I also have a Zazzle shop which offers a wide variety of customizable products such as postcards, buttons, magnets and stickers.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?
I have been inspired by so many artists! Basically, if you create beauty, please know that youve inspired me in some way ? I especially admire those who have found their niche and perfected their own distinct style. I just love it when you can look at a piece of art and know right away exactly who created it.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?
I think its an excellent way to network and cross promote with other artists and creative types. Heightened exposure is an inevitability =)

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?
Seeing what people come up with! Its so cool to see the different artistic perspectives and how much they can change a single concept.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?
Favorites are tricky, I find I usually end up disliking my initial favorites... I am always partial to the pieces push me out of my comfort zone, as long as they turn out! “Infusion”, just cuz its so unconventional, I adore unconventional beauty. Lady Muerte, it was way out of my comfort zone at the time, something quite different for me.
“Rouge”, again way out of my comfort zone, kindof a groundbreaking piece for me. a big stride into the world of realism, something I never believed myself to be capable of.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?
Both are awesome! Animated gives it a little something extra and thats always nice to see =)

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?
Im always open to new ideas! I am happy to accept all commissions I feel inspired by.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.
Ive been happy with everything Ive seen sofar. I think common sense and respect sum it up.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.
Of course! I love to see what people create!

Thank you so much for your interest and support in my work !

No comments:

Post a Comment