Monday, April 21, 2014

Majestik Art

Good afternoon readers! Today we are speaking with Majestik Art, Vicky Kenworthy. You can find her website here and her tubes are available at MTA. She does beautiful artwork featuring animals. Thank you so much for speaking with us today Vicky.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? An artist friend introduced me and I was amazed how a simple image could be made it to so many stunning designs.

2) What does your artwork mean to you? Simply put the world (but don't let me husband know or Son know) I really couldn't function without being able to draw it's my escape!

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? I love animals and I get to use my artwork to help animal charities, what more inspiration could I possibly need.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? Mmmm tough one since I have the memory span of a goldfish it must be at least five years in one form or another.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? All my work is done by hand my favorite medium is coloured pencils (prism colors), but I do occasional use an airbrush, oils and inks.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork? The usual suspects keyrings, magnets, mirrors, jewellery, basically if I can add my artwork to something I can and I will.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you? My friend Gaynor Lewis helped me in the very early stages and was a huge inspiration, I am also awe struck by Mark Langley, their really are so many artists that inspire me and make me want to push my artwork to an even more realistic level.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible? Absolutely your artwork is out there for the world to see with your copyright attached, further more not only is it your image but it's been lovingly embellished.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? The people they are all so friendly and very creative.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? I have two favorite pieces, "Family knows no breed" which was a piece I donated to a family who sadly lost every single dog on the piece to a house fire.  The second has to be "Conserve" this Snow Leopard piece was inspired by a trip to the Welsh Mountain zoo, where my Son had to physically remove me from standing watching the Snow Leopards.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? I wouldn't have a clue how to animate anything (including my Son in the mornings) so if someone could animate my work that would be fantastic.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? This isn't something I have done but will certainly be giving it some thought for the future.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. As long as the copyright remains intact I am happy for people to be as creative as they want.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers. I would love that, I'm proud to have people use my artwork and love seeing what they produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment