Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mia Hopper

Good morning readers. Today we are speaking with the wonderful artist Mia Hopper. You can find her art here and her psp tubes at MTA. Mia really does take the viewer other places in her art.
Thank you so much for speaking with us today Mia.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community? Maybe five years ago, Jenny Parsons asked to use my art. There was this great community that was using my work and I loved what they did with it.

2) What does your artwork mean to you? I like that you can take a pencil and a piece of paper and try to create a whole other world. I admire the technical ability of realists, but when it comes right out of my head it is just so fun.

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork? Movies, books, music, themes...Halloween is the best time of year to paint. Doing this is making me want to head to the art table for sure.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes? About 5 years now I think.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork? I've begun to use PSP 5 to color. I love being able to start all over again if it doesn't look right, but trying to get a REALLY clean pencil to scan can be difficult and it is difficult to get a balance between texture and absolutely no texture.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork? I sell cards and prints at Red Bubble. I really like the quality of Red Bubble.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you? Definitely Amy Brown, Mucha, and JC Leyendecker with my fairy art.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible? I think so.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community? The really nice people I've met. I don't think I've ever met an unkind one.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why? People seem to like Book O Spells best, so that makes me happy.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you? I love the animated ones. I think someone did a stars one with one of mine where the stars blinked and it was awesome.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have? I don't do commissions since I'm not good for getting them done in a timely manner, but I do take suggestions.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc. Nope.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers. Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment