Monday, April 21, 2014

Naturelady

Good afternoon everyone! Today we are visiting with photographer Debi, also known as Naturelady.You can find her wonderful photographs available at MTA. Thank you so much for speaking with us today Debi.





) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?  In 2002, I started seeing people making "printables" from cardstock and I thought they were neat.  Then someone told me that Paint Shop Pro was the best program to do that.  Fast forward after taking multiple PSP classes, tubing classes, scripting classes, and tagging classes, I stumbled upon "copyright compliant" tagging.  All along the way, I was taking photos - first with film, and later digital cameras.  Because I love nature, I chose to take nature photos.  Somewhere along the line, I ran into Kat, and followed her to a new place called MTA.  The rest is history.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?  I photograph nature.  It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is, and I love to show people the beauty that surrounds me.  It's also a means for me to learn more about the environment and the plants, animals, and other things that live in this world. 

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?  One of the things that inspires me is the change in seasons.  When I encounter a new bird, plant or other thing I have not yet captured, it inspires me.  Another thing that inspires me is the work of other photographers. 

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?  With MTA, 5 years.

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?  I usually use my Nikon D60 camera, with either my 50mm lens or my 300mm lens.  The only changes I make to my images are to straighten them, crop them, and resize them.  Occasionally, I may change my lighting, but it's not that often.

6) Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?  Besides images and tubes at MTA, I also make printed things - like Journals, cards, and framed images.  I enter my photos in both the Delaware State Fair (where I've won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention), and The National Endowment of the Arts art show for State of Delaware employees.  I also provided a disk of images from my Birds of Prey series for use by the owners of a Birds of Prey rescue and education center for educational and promotional use.  I've also photographed a few weddings.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?   One of the biggest influences has been my husband who is a former newspaper photographer, and another influence has been Kevin Fleming who is a local photographer based in Rehoboth Delaware, and is a former National Geographic photographer.  (I took a photography seminar with Kevin last summer.)

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?  I believe it does, because when they make tags, people see the URL of the artist, and of MTA.  If the artwork on the tags is the style of the tagger, then they will be more apt to purchase and spread the artist's name.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?  I love seeing what others make with my photos.  Many times, I see my photo one way, but someone else may see something totally different, and it shows in the tag.

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?  My Birds of Prey series, because I actually got to get up close and personal with a Peregrine Falcon, Red Tail Hawk, Red Shoulder Hawk, and other birds of prey.  Another is my cat, Patches - who is my fur baby.  I also love images I take at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Area - we have some of the best birding on the East Coast here, and I have the privilege of catching it in my photos.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non-animated? Or are both great to you?  I love both animated and non-animated tags - I just love seeing what these creative people do with my photos.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?  I don't do commissions, but if anyone has a request for something photographed, I'll do my best to capture it.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.  I prefer not to see my photos used for political reasons, but other than that, I don't have many restrictions.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.  Absolutely!  I would love to have tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment