Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Renee Biertempfel

Good afternoon readers! Today we are joined by the fantastic artist Renee Biertempfel. Her art has a whimsical and fantasy feel to it.You can visit her website to see more of her artwork. Thank you so much for speaking with us today Renee.





1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

Many years ago "2003" right after I put up a website with my artwork I started getting emails requesting use of my works
for tags and tubes. Then a few years later I met the owner of CILM who invited me to join their site where the images could
be purchased. Now the site is Creative Design Outlet and since the beginning I have had a good relationship with them.

2) What does your artwork mean to you?
Its everything to me...

3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

Many things... but mostly in quiet moments I get an idea or inspiration which I write down or create a small sketch of
as soon as I can. Sometimes its a vague idea I can develop later...or a full image I see completely.

4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?

Back when CILM "now Creative Design Outlet" started and ever since...

5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand
or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

I draw traditionally in graphite then scan the drawn art into photoshop. From there I digitally
paint the line work in a traditional manner using a stylus pen and tablet.

6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create with your artwork?

I license my artwork to companies to put on products they create as well as working for a local publishing company.

7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists have influenced you?

There are a lot to list but mostly I am a big fan of Alphonse Mucha "Art Nouveau" thats a movement of  art thats near and dear to my heart.

8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known with getting their names and artwork more visible?

I can only speak for myself personally..It has I think..it means a lot to me and I am thankful for the interest in my work.

9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

I appreciate and I am grateful to you all who have purchased my work and share it with the world.
Plus its interesting to see what people create!

10) What are some of your favorite art pieces which you have done and why?

"Goblin's Faery Guide"...The kitten is of my beloved pet Gobby. And" Message Bringer" That painting is about
one of the lowest moments of my life...and thats when I heard the creators voice who gave me a message of encouragement.
Not long after my life drastically turned around...Still amazed to this day your is never the same after that. So I created
a painting about it.

11) Do you prefer tags with your art tubes animated or non animated? Or are both great to you?

I like the regular signature tag creations...animations are ok if they are clever and dont take over the image.

12) Do you do commissions for taggers? How about ideas for tubes which taggers may have?

Not at this time my focus is just creating paintings for licensing, publishing and personal projects. Ideas are always welcomed.

13) Is there anything which you don't allow to be done with your artwork? For example mirroring, animation, etc.

I feel its most important to stick to CDO's guidelines anything that deviates from that wouldn't be good. I just ask to show respect to the works of art I create.

14) Would you like to receive tags which our readers may do featuring your artwork? We often love to send the artists tags by our readers.

I wouldn't mind its fascinating to see what people come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment